How do I find information about an organization's leadership?
I need to find a company's org chart. Last Updated: Apr 03, 2023 Views: 478
I need to find a company's org chart.
The information you will find is likely to be presented in a different form than an organizational chart. You will tend to find lists of people who hold executive positions in the organization, without any information about how they relate to each other.
The best place to locate information about an organization's leadership or management structure is on its own website. From the company's homepage, look for sections labeled:
- About Us
- About the Company
- Our Company
- Investor Relations
Explore other pages that look promising for information, such as news releases or articles, which may quote company executives and their titles. Leadership information can also be found in the organization's annual report, which can usually be found on the Investor Relations page.
After searching the organization's website, try searching a few of the library's databases for information gleaned from articles and reports on the organization. The databases listed below can be accessed via the Research Databases page.
- On the homepage, type the company name and click Search. You can also select the company from the autogenerated list.
- Click on the Executive Details tab.
- You can browse between People, Officers, and Directors.
- On the homepage, type the company name in the Company Search box and click Go. You can also select the company from the autogenerated list.
- Click on the Executives tab.
- You can browse between Officers, Directors, and Committees.
- On the homepage, enter your company name, and select it from the list of organizations displayed.
- Look for a section of the report called Key People.
- On the homepage, select Company Information.
- Enter the name of the company in the search box.
- Click on the appropriate company name link.
- Select Executives.
- On the homepage, select Research a Company.
- In the company name box, enter the company name.
- Scroll down to the company report.
- Look for the Contacts section in the report.
Keep in mind this works best for public companies. See the Research a Private Company guide for more tips on researching private companies.
If you need additional assistance with your research or have another question, please Ask Us!