How to I link to library materials in my request? Last Updated: Oct 08, 2021 Views: 2
When submitting a library readings (LRR) request, it’s helpful if you include the link to the item so we can easily add it to your readings page.
With library content, however, providing the URL in the address bar of your browser often doesn’t work as URLs tend to be session-based and won’t work for the next person who clicks on it.
Instead, you’ll typically want to find a stable link in the form of a permalink or other shareable link. Stable, shareable links differ between databases, but here are two examples of our commonly used databases.
Library Search Box and EBSCOhost
- Navigate to the item you want to use and open it so you see the item’s Detailed Record. You can typically find the Detailed Record by clicking on the title of the object from your results list.
- Once there, look for the Permalink. It’s usually on the right-hand side of the page near the bottom of that section.
- Click Permalink and copy the link that appears at the top of the record. This is the link you should provide in your request.
- Navigate to the item you want to use and open it so you see the full-text of the item.
- Click the Get Link option near the top of the page.
- Click Select and copy the link. This is the link you should provide in your request.