How do I link to a task or comment within Asana? Last Updated: Aug 16, 2021 Views: 9
Linking to Tasks
The fastest and most reliable way to get a link to a particular Asana task:
- In the upper right-hand corner of your task, click the link icon (it looks like links of a chain). It will say Copy task link when you hover over it.
This creates a stable, permanent link to the task.
Linking to Comments
Linking directly to a comment makes it easy to refer to related discussions or comments posted earlier in the ticket that is no longer readily visible. To directly link to a comment in a task:
- To the right of the desired comment is a drop-down arrow.
- Click on Copy comment link.
You can now paste this link into an Asana comment or refer to the comment in another location.
Here are some general Asana linking tips.
- If the task requires you to paste it into a particular field, click on the field to paste the link. Once you have pasted the link, you should see the small visit link icon on the far-right end of the box. (Note: If there is any text in the box, this icon will not be there, and the URL will NOT be a link.)
- If the task requires a description, the link will be translated into a friendly text-based link.
- If the link is placed in a comment, the link will be translated into a friendly text-based link.
- If you see a checkmark in front of the link, it means the task is complete.