Where can I find information about information security? Last Updated: Mar 26, 2021 Views: 15
Start your research on information security in Opposing Viewpoints in Context.
You can find this database on the Library’s homepage under Popular Databases.
This will open a list of resources by different content types that discuss the topic. Scroll through the results to find information that is applicable to your focus. You can narrow by adding other terms or using synonyms. For example:
information security AND personal information
cybersecurity AND breaches
data security AND firewalls
For more information, try one of our other databases, like EBSCOhost, using more terms or limiters. This is also on the Library’s homepage under Popular Databases. Copy and paste the searches below into the search box.
(SU "information security" OR SU "information management") AND TI(methods OR techniques)
(SU "information security" OR SU "information management") AND TI(hack*)
Here are some other tips that may help:
- The two letters SU or TI before the terms is a way of limiting the search to specific parts of the article to help narrow the search. SU = Subject and TI = Title. Use the Advanced Search link to select these and other fields.
- The quotation marks tell the database to search for the terms as a phrase as in "global warming."
- Parentheses, in general, allow either/or searches. For example, (cats OR dogs).
- The asterisk (*) is called a wildcard, which means if you search for child*, it will retrieve child, children and childhood.
- Use the publication date limiter to find recent articles.
And try this method: type in information security letter by letter. As you do, searches starting with these terms will be listed in a dropdown from the search box. You can scroll down to one that looks helpful and click on it and then go to the results. For example:
information security governance
For additional help creating your search terms, you can refer to this FAQ on developing a search strategy.
If you need additional assistance with your research or have another question, please Ask Us!