Where can I find information about technology in education? Last Updated: Mar 29, 2021 Views: 11
Start your research on technology in education in Opposing Viewpoints in Context.
You can find this database on the Library’s homepage under Popular Databases.
technology AND education
This will open a list of resources by different content types that discuss the topic. Scroll through the results to find information that is applicable to your focus.
For more detailed information, look for:
technology innovation AND education
For more information, try one of our other databases, like EBSCOhost, using more specific terms. Copy and paste the searches below into the search box:
SU "technology in education" AND TI "technology in education"
SU "technology in education" AND SU(innovation)
Here are some other tips that may help:
- The two letters SU or TI before the terms is a way of limiting the search to specific parts of the article to help narrow the search. SU = Subject and TI = Title. Use the Advanced Search link to select these and other fields.
- The quotation marks tell the database to search for the terms as a phrase as in "global warming."
- Parentheses, in general, allow either/or searches. For example, (cats OR dogs).
- The asterisk (*) is called a wildcard, which means if you search for child*, it will retrieve child, children and childhood.
- Use the publication date limiter to find recent articles.
And try this method: type in technology in education letter by letter. As you do, searches starting with these terms will be listed in a dropdown from the search box. You can scroll down to one that looks helpful and click on it and then go to the results. For example:
technology in the classroom
For additional help creating your search terms, you can refer to this FAQ on developing a search strategy.
If you need additional assistance with your research or have another question, please Ask Us!